Running Deer’s Intervention Services provide young people at risk of exclusion the support they need, when they need it most.
We have the experience and expertise to provide an individually tailored programme for young people aged 8 years and upwards. Our programmes are designed to stimulate and challenge the young person, furthering their personal development and learning.
Alongside our therapeutic work we also offer education with one of our qualified Tutors. We provide individual education packages including KS1 and KS2 and specific support for Special Educational Needs.
Intervention Services include:
Our Intervention Services are structured around the needs of the young person and cover:
- Risk taking and how to stay safe.
- Actions and consequences.
- Addressing self esteem and the benefits of a positive mental attitude.
- The need for respect, space and self expression.
Our staff have the following qualifications, certificates and training:
- Enhanced DBS certificate for children and adult workforce.
- Safeguarding Children Level 2.
- GSA Physical Interventions and De-escalation 3 day course.
- First Aid in the Workplace Level 3.
- Activity (Outdoor) First Aid Level 2.
- Child protection training.
- Health and Safety training.