Education in Devon
Running Deer CIC provides a well established intervention service for schools throughout Devon requiring alternative provision for a student. Based in our 16 acre woodland on Dartmoor, Devon we work with children and young people with complex needs offering therapeutic support and access to education.
Our high support programmes are designed to stimulate and challenge the young person, furthering their personal development and learning. Our work revolves around students addressing the following issues:
- Actions and consequences.
- Risk taking and how to stay safe.
- Confidence and self esteem and the benefits of a positive mental attitude.
- The need for respect, space and self expression.
We support children and young people with special educational needs including those with ASC (including Aspergers Syndrome), social, emotional and behavioural issues, ADHD, ODD, Attachment and Trauma, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, mental health and wellbeing.
Our core areas of intervention include:
- Therapeutic support through our referrals pathway programme, part of Running Deer’s intervention services.
- Therapeutic support and intervention including education delivered by our experienced and qualified teachers, and activities such as climbing, horse riding, moorland walking and swimming.
- Equine assisted intervention is available to all our students who attend Running Deer and Running Deer School.
“Words can never express the gratitude of the work and commitment you and your team put into supporting young people in Devon.”
Lorraine | Teacher
“Amazing how much our lad puts the effort in to come to you week after week. He loves it!”
“Through your help we have been able to keep this child from permanent exclusion and enable a smooth transition to his new school.”
Alison | Teacher
“Our son had a great day today and is looking forward to going tomorrow. Super happy x”
“You offer a fantastic provision for children and we would not hesitate to refer children in the future.”
Carrie | Inclusions Officer
“So pleased that we have secured the funding and my son will be able to attend Running Deer.”
“The amazing Mr Wulf has already helped my son face so many of his anxieties.”