I truly believe that good is everywhere and that good things can be found in the most difficult of situations. Sometimes, in difficult times such as these, it takes a little hard work to find the good, but it is always there.
Lets try to find the good things
I thought that I would share with you all the good things I have found so far during this time that many of us are finding very challenging.
It’s so important for our health and happiness to think positively, as Roald Dahl taught us, “if you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” And let’s face it who doesn’t want to look lovely.
- Being able to do things we never usually have time for…like playing on my ukulele! We have been given the gift of time!.
- Being able to do things mindfully without having to rush around! It is so nice to have the time to listen to my body a little more and let it heal from being so busy. My mornings before school are usually very rushed and I once drove halfway to school without any trousers on! I had to turn around, waddle out of my car in just my leggings and quickly grab my trousers so that I could head to the woods. Now, I can’t forget anything, because I don’t have to go anywhere!
- I have found out so much about the Running Deer team that I had no idea about before! As we cannot spend time together in the woods at the moment, we have been sharing funny talents and what we have been up to online instead. Nick can play guitar, Adam is an IT whizz, Vicki and Savannah are super talented artists, Emma has a skateboarding dog and Aiden has a very fancy red sparkly suit that he loves to wear, which, given normal circumstances, we may have never known about!
- As I have been trying to find alternatives to going to the supermarket, I found a little farm shop in walking distance to my house who sell their own eggs, flour, nuts and all sorts of goodies. This has also inspired me to plant lots of my own veggies too. I hope that when all of this is over, we will all continue to support our local businesses and try to live more sustainably.
- People are extra supportive and the magic power of kindness can often shine even brighter in times of need. Please remember that although this is a very difficult time, there are always people who can help if you are struggling.
- My cat is loving me being at home all day, even if she won’t admit it.
Have a think about the good things you can find…as a very wise wizard famously once said, “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”